Real Jesus. Real Little People. Really Big World.
Church of the Good Shepherd cares deeply for its children — “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” Our hope is that the children entrusted to us – as well as their parents – will experience CGS as a place that provides a safe, nurturing environment which is informed by Christ’s love.
Want to connect more during the week? Check us out on Instagram or join our Facebook Group:
Our newest curriculum series is called “Tea & ABCs: Steeping Little Hearts in God’s Word.” Your littles will join Miss RiLee for a cup of tea and a new (simple) Bible verse that will start with the letter of the week & then listen to an applicable story from the Bible together.
Each week’s Sunday School lesson will be taught by Mrs. RiLee via Zoom at 9:00am. The Zoom link will be sent out via the parent email each week. If you are not on the parent email list, please email Abigail Grebe to be added.
January 17 – Tea & ABCs: Verse A (Proverbs 15:1)
January 24 – Tea & ABCs: Verse B (Matthew 5:9)
January 31 – Tea & ABCs: Verse C (Colossians 3:20)
February 7 – Tea & ABCs: Verse D (Philippians 2:14)
February 14 – Tea & ABCs: Verse E (Proverbs 20:11)
February 21 – Tea & ABCs: Verse F (John 3:16)
February 28 – Tea & ABCs: Verse G (Mark 16:15)
March 7 – Tea & ABCs: Verse H (Exodus 20:12)
March 14 – Tea & ABCs: Verse I (Philippians 4:13)
March 21 – Tea & ABCs: Verse J (John 14:6)
March 28 – Tea & ABCs: Verse K (Psalm 34:13)
April 4 – No Sunday School – HAPPY EASTER!
April 11 –Tea & ABCs: Verse L (Matthew 5:16)
Interim When + Where
The CGS Nursery is now open in a limited & modified capacity. As with most things in this pandemic, things look a bit different, so we truly appreciate your as we adjust things in this interim period.
Please note the following changes:
- Each room functions as a “Play Room” instead of our previous volunteer led nursery. It is a space for littles to play while a parent can visit with other parents or listen to the streamed service.
- A limited number of slots per room is offered via a weekly sign-up on the in-person worship page. Target ages are 2 years old and younger.
- Rooms will NOT be staffed by CGS volunteers at this time, but rather a parent of each child will be required to stay with their child for the entirety of the service.
- A health questionnaire, temperature check, and handwashing prior to entry will be required of both parent and child.
- All adults will be required to be masked. Masking is not recommended for ages 2 and under.
- Though swapping out or coming in and out periodically throughout the service is not specifically prohibited, we would prefer if one family member stays for the entirety of the service to limit foot traffic and also out of consideration for other room users.
- Rooms & toys will be thoroughly cleaned on a weekly basis.
- While we have made every effort to rearrange the nursery rooms to promote social distancing to the best of our abilities, we recognize that children are children, and unfortunately, with that comes an inherent level of risk.
Most of all, we hope that this is a helpful space for parents of littles to be able to attend worship, see other parents for a bit, and find some respite in an otherwise full week. For further information or questions please contact CGS Nursery Director, RiLee Robeson.
Births + Baptisms
We love to celebrate the births that occur in our church family! Help us rejoice with you: contact Liz Stoioff in the church office to have your child’s birth announced to our congregation in the Friday e-newsletter and Sunday bulletin.
If you are a member of Church of the Good Shepherd, your infant is — by virtue of your covenant with us — a non-communing member of our church and entitled to baptism. We normally set aside a portion of the Worship Service on the second Sunday of each month to welcome infants into baptism, and you can arrange this for your child by contacting Liz Stoioff.