We aim to cultivate a healthy environment characterized by life-giving relationships amongst our students, in order that we might wrestle with the realities of who Jesus is and what He is up to.
We want to not only gather as a community, but to go out into the Durham, Chapel Hill area and love it back to life. We want each student to be dignified in their humanity. We want each student to have their questions answered thoughtfully. We want each student to know there is a God who loves them as they are.
Summer 2023 Schedule
High School Youth Group
Sunday evenings June 4-August 6, 6:30-8:00pm at CGS for Rising 10th through graduated seniors. (Rising 9th will join high school youth group starting July 28 during the High School Beach Trip.) Note the following exceptions to this schedule:
- June 25: NO Youth Group
- July 2: Game Night at the Whipples’ 6:30-8:30
- July 16: Pool & Pizza party at The Farm 5-8pm (combined with Middle School)
- July 30: NO Youth Group
Middle School Youth Group
Wednesday evenings June 7-August 2, 6:30-8:00pm at CGS for Rising 7th-9th graders. (Rising 6th will join middle school youth group starting August 2 during the Fantasy Lake Adventure Park Trip.) Note the following exceptions to this schedule:
- June 21: NO Youth Group
- June 28: NO Youth Group
- August 2: Fantasy Lake Adventure Park Trip for Rising 6th-Rising 9th
Thursday afternoons June 8-August 3, Noon-1:30pm for all Rising 7th through graduated seniors. Each week’s location will be announced the week of!
- High School
- Tuesday, June 13: Girls Game Night at the Carlsons’, 6:30-8:00pm
- July 28-29: High School Beach Trip, for Rising 9th through graduated seniors (Registration closed.)
- Middle School
- June 24-28: The Edge Conference (registration closed)
- Wednesday, August 2: Fantasy Lake Adventure Park Trip, for Rising 6th-Rising 9th (Register here.)
- Combined Middle & High School
- Friday, June 16: “Ice Cream & Sunset” at Maple View Farm, 7:30-8:30pm
- June 19-23: Come help at Vacation Bible School!
- Sunday, July 16: “Pool & Pizza Party at The Farm,” 5:00-8:00pm
Additional Summer 2023 Activities
- High School Girls Bible Study: Meets Thursdays at 6:30pm at the Carlsons’ continuing through the summer. Contact Hannah Thio for details.
- High School Boys Bible Study: Meets Wednesdays from 7:00-8:00am at Bojangles on Garrett Rd. Contact Drew Carlson with questions.
When + Where
On Sunday mornings, we meet downstairs at 9:30am for a time of hanging out and a lesson. Middle School and High School students meet together in room L102.
During the School Year
Sunday Evenings (High School):
- Room L104 from 6:30-8:00pm
- High School students are invited to come hang out with us each Sunday night! We will have fun, enjoy old friends and make new ones, worship God, and hear solid Biblical teaching. We welcome anyone regardless of their school or where they are in their walk with God.
Wednesday Evenings (Middle School):
- Room L104 from 6:30-8:00pm
- Students in Grades 6-8 can come join us for a time of hanging out, getting to know each other, playing lots of crazy and fun games, and hearing a lesson. Middle School students from any school and walk of life are welcome!
We’d love for you to follow us on Instagram!
Please fill out this medical release for school year 2022-2023 youth activities.
Click here to view photos from our Christmas festivities.
Click here to view photos from our Middle School Field Day.
Click here to view photos from The Edge Conference.
Click here to view photos from our Fall 2019 Retreat.
Save the Date
July 28-29, 2023: High School Beach Trip, for Rising 9th through graduated seniors. Registration closed.
August 2, 2023: Fantasy Lake Adventure Park Trip, for Rising 6th-Rising 9th. Register here.