Thank you for volunteering! We recognize that age and/or other vulnerabilities weigh heavily on a servant’s heart, and that — since we all, regardless of age, have vulnerabilities — each of us must cling tightly to St. Paul’s affirmation that “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is perfected in weakness.”
But we also know how powerful a kind word and a prayer can be; how uplifting and affirming a simple phone call can be. If it is not wise for you to journey outside your home due to COVID-19, will you join us in calling 2-3 persons in your CGS Neighborhood and speaking a word of encouragement to them?
We have prepared an easy path to assist you as you endeavor to assist your brothers and sisters:
1) To remind you of the “terrain” in which the persons you may choose to call reside, view Map 1 and Map 2, which display our CGS Neighborhoods. These maps will help you visualize the geographical distribution of our church family:
- Map 1 provides a macro overview of our six CGS Neighborhoods, differentiated by color shading. The map allows you to enhance detail by zooming in/out, but is not interactive (e.g. you cannot plot addresses on it). There is a key in the lower left corner of the map to help orient you. If you are accessing from an iPhone, iPad, or similar device (as opposed to your desktop), be patient: it will take a little time to load the map, and the zooming function will not necessarily have a brisk response time.
- Map 2 is an interactive Google Map. The “neighborhood” boundaries are outlined (not shaded), so they are a bit more difficult to identify. However, this map is interactive and offers the ability to plot addresses.
2) Access your Neighborhood’s membership roster, by using the link that was provided to you in a “members-only” email sent to you on April 3. If you have lost track of the link, contact our church office. That link provides an immediate answer to the question “Who from within CGS lives in my Neighborhood ?” That roster also provides you phone numbers and email addresses of these neighbors of yours.
3) Identify persons in your Neighborhood that you aren’t already in frequent conversation with, and select 2-3 to call. They will be so appreciative and so encouraged ! And you will become better acquainted with other members of Christ’s body at CGS !
By using these simple tools, you can equip yourselves to be a better brother/sister in Christ to those who may need you in the days ahead…