VALUES ~ PURPOSE ~ MISSION
1. Children are a gift from God. (Psalm 127:3-5 & Luke 17:2).
2. Children are sinners and in need of redemption -- as are adults.
(Genesis 8:21 & Psalm 51:5, Proverbs 22:15)
3. Children from an early age can understand deep Biblical truths.
(II Timothy 3:15 & Psalm 78:1-8)
4. Children can grow in grace and use their spiritual gifts for the glory of God.
(I Peter 3:18 & Psalm 8:2)
5. Children must be included in corporate worship.
(Deuteronomy 31:12-13 & Baptism)
6. Parents have the primary responsibility for teaching God’s truth to their children. (Deuteronomy 6:7).
7. The Church of the Good Shepherd will corporately assist parents in spiritually mentoring children.
Designed to ‘come alongside’ parents as they seek to raise their children in the love and admonition of the Lord, the Children’s Ministry seeks to provide opportunities for children to be given instruction in God’s Word, engage in worship, be involved in fellowship, and give expression to their faith through service and evangelism. The goal is to bring the heart of the Gospel to the heart of the child.
To bring the heart of the child to the heart of their Savior:
- Experience God in worship, fellowship, service and evangelism.
- Enable them to increase in their knowledge and understanding of God.
- Encourage them to acknowledge Christ as Savior and to grow in grace.
- Equip them to use their spiritual gifts for the benefit of the body of Christ.
- Empower them to live gospel- centered and kingdom -focused lives at home, school, and play.